joi, 2 august 2012

Stepping in the storm




-Honey come inside...it's cold out here!

(On the last step of the front staircase leading in the house stood Griffin,with a cigar in one hand.
He was smoking slowly and deeply,his glasses aimed towards the sky,watching the tiny drops pour from above)

-You reckon it's cold outside?

(Marriot stood in front of the door with a warm blanket covering her body.
A strange feeling tickled her body as the question was said.)

-Why yes,it's freezing cold out here.Come inside,it's warmer!

-Warmer you say...

(Another long sip of the cigarette and a bright flashing light surrounded by smoke showered his face.)

-If only it were warmer inside,but it isn't.Franly,if you asked me,I'd say it's hotter over here where I'm standing.

(She let a silent gasp)

-Well,don't stay  too long,I'll be waiting inside,okay?

(Halfway through the cigarette another flash of bright red light arose)

-Well that's just it Marry,I don't want to come inside.I told you,it's cold in there.

-Well would you rather sleep out here?

-Given the choice,I'd probably say yes.

(Marriot was shocked...He knew...He had found out the truth)

-Honey?!

-Yes.

-Please come inside.

-Actually,I was planning on taking a stroll down the lane,and upwards to city center.

(The cigarette was almost finished)

-And then?

-And then....I think I'll just carry on.Would you care to join me?

(She froze.His words were a mask and she knew this was a test.Considering how serious and determined he seemed,it was probably the final test)

-No,it's too cold for me.How about I wait for you inside?

(Griffin sipped the last smoke out of the small burning piece of paper.As he threw it in a small pond that had appeared in between his feet,he said)

-How about that indeed...

(He rose on his feet and straightened up.
He walked 'till he was an inch away from Marry's face,and gently kissed her cheek.

She started crying)

-I hope you know...I did love you,I always did,all this time.

(And immediately,without waiting for a response,he turned his back to his wife,and strafed right in the rain,as if guided by a path only he could see.
He was on his road,on his own,once more)

P.S.:
Whenever guided by a light,
That light always used to shine bright,
And it always led him back home,
Always led him away from the storm.

Inspiration:
Niia-BTSU (Jai Paul Cover) 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu