miercuri, 16 octombrie 2013

Trialed Part 2: Fate's final hour

Arrogance is a virtue and intelligence is a perk...too few have!





Fate's final hour

[In the same chamber where once five had stood,
Now two old friends meet again,
One humble, wearing a hood,
And the other,arch-angel Gabriel.]

Arkanis:

Dear brother,I bring news from my journey,
And pray that my words won't seem ferny.

[The High-Lord gazed upon his once beloved one,
And then spoke with the voice of the father saddened by his own son]

Gabriel:

You may spare one of your points old friend,
For Erather has been already trialed.
I found it just to banish him to find his mortal end,
To strive for survival,alone,without any friend.

Thus I am eager to hear the second thought with which you came,
Moreover,I would like to know how did you cover your shame?

Arkanis:

That which you have requested has been done,
And as once I had left,so I returned,
No more an angel as before,
But a pastor still.

I took thy words in my heart, and I managed to find,
"Passion's cruel counter-part" easily behind.
I've wrecked the two stones together,
And kept one for myself.

Gabriel:

Was my punishment just?

Arkanis:

I don't know your lordship.
I no longer have to right to decide,
Yet I pray that I have atoned for my sins,
If not now,at least in thousand years.

Gabriel:

My dearest of friends,
Never let those words leave your mouth again.

Indeed you wronged humanity selfishly,
Yet what you had to do was to do right to both yourself and them as well.
You are now entitled to return to your former place,
And rule once more,pure as the fresh of winter's snow.

[The two sat silently,
One near the other.

...

Alas,when the silence broke,
It was clear to both that another choice had been made,
And the news the purest of angels wore,
Was anything but over]

Arkanis:

I remember everything that has passed during my departure,
I remember your words as well as Erather's.
Do not judge me now as a traitor,
But your judgement was wrong and his was right?

Gabriel:

Really now?
...
How so?

Arkanis:

You see,beloved of the Father,
I am no longer as pure as snow,
And there is nothing for me to show.
I have wronged both father and daughter.

I accept the deeds that I have done,
And as hate once spilled throughout my body,
I cannot see victory,I cannot see how I have won.
I am nothing but a writing that is almost entirely bawdy.

Gabriel:

You cannot believe such things Arkanis.

Arkanis:

Hah...Arkanis...
It's been a while since anyone has ever called me so.
I've been known more like a pastor the past couple of days,
Searching and thinking of different methods and ways,
In which I could save myself,or at least grant others,their dying wish.

I pray you'll one day understand my choice,
And for all this,never should you gaze upon me the same,
As I am no longer the one you just called by it's name,
But a being stripped of heart and angelic voice.

[Slowly,the hooded angel turned around,
And right before his knees could hit the ground,
Gabriel panicked immediately and shouted]

Gabriel:

My son...

What in heaven's name are you doing?

[Arkanis turned his head around,
Revealed his head from under the hood,
And a look appeared that asked for forgiveness.

His eyes then shut,
His head no longer towards Gabriel,
Facing the ground,
He let his feet pound.]

Arkanis:

"Righteous and pure as snow and water alike,
I am Arkanis,the angel of love who shall be seen as a tike,
As I refuse the entitlement given to us by God,
And give back my wings as I am flawed.

[The Highest of All rushed towards the other]

Gabriel:

Brother,no!

[The boy continued as if he were deaf to the words shouted in the massive hall]

Arkanis:

From this day onward shall I live a mortal life!
Never shall I look back,unless with strife!
Let it be known in heaven and earth alike,
That I am no longer but a human dike.

[Before Gabriel could spit another word,
Arkanis's wings fell,crushing to the floor.

As the High-One grasped the boy's angelic clothes,
They instantly froze and splattered,
And in only an instant,
Thus the boy had vanished!]

Gabriel:

What have you done,young one?


...

And God said "No more!"


Inspiration:
Skope-Trench Foot

P.S.:

As angels wage their wars through the tides of battle,
So can mortal fight alike,even more maybe for their beliefs.
As loyalty has fled and abandoned at the end of day,
Hope lies buried deep,waiting to cleanse any wild land.

3 comentarii:

  1. I have watched your story lately and expected eagerly your next step, but unfortunately you have disappointed me with your lack of faith in humanity itself and the feelings of a daughter.(as you call her) This is what I get of this final trial.
    Again young man, you have believed yourself as an angel seen by human kind a pastor. You were trialed to choose and live as a mortal, yet you kept you arrogance. You have chosen from the two daughters, mortals both, and where there was loyalty and love now everything is abandoned. I might think you have deceived once again the daughter you have chosen, I might even dare to say you got caught once again in "the fray", not accepting a human as a companion. You went back and she received you, yet you didn't quit your title and treated all as a pastor with its sheep. / Your past treated you so, yet you fought and never got anything back/ and now you throw it all away for a Passion’s cruel counter-part, from the one who was neither a guest nor a trespasser be, because you belonged to she and she belonged to you and thus did not learn of what it means to stray from one’s road, for it takes a lot of work to get back on the track, especially with another left behind.
    Live your mortal life now, accept your wrongs and learn from the stones you've wrecked for one stood with you through all and forgave even more, and thus maybe in a thousand years, your sins will be forgotten and forgiven. But think and torment yourself with the abandonment you talked about.. is it real or just a glimpse of mortal despair? Rethink your hatred as a mortal and not an angel or pastor and decide if it is right or wrong for one stone to abandon your soul, the one she fought for. Then compare it with your mistake and decide if it is “the fray again” or just a phase.

    Archangel Uriel

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. It really is a pleasure indeed,that maybe trespassers know the same riddles alike.

    Whilst reading that which you share onto me I see myself caught in revel and the opposite alike,for if in some ways you seem to have understood the story's meanings,it is still my lyrical "traps" that keep you from seeing the painting I've laid down for you all,deep and buried inside.

    I'm not sure to call you brother,yet if only for the hope that Salvation and guidance might be your thing,I'll heed your advice.

    Yet I would wonder if we speak of the same troubles alike,as how could one that has always stood guard in front of the Garden of Eden , denying entry to those as he would see fit,how could he know of what it means to go from angel to mortal in a fortnight and to be granted divinity's gift again only to willingly chose by shame (and my ciphered idea) to be cast down from the higher ranks back to nature's dust in time.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. Acest comentariu a fost eliminat de autor.

    RăspundețiȘtergere