luni, 7 octombrie 2013

Trialed Part 1: Judgement Day

I've re-read something recently and it was quite a tale and learning experience.It's funny how mythology still has a way to teach even after so many years.

Thus,I leave you all with some wise words, as Ariadne told Theseus before he entered the Minotaur's labyrinth: "Always forward...never left or right."





Trialed

[ In the massive white hall,
As it was custom for any angel being trialed,
Chained by hands and wings at the end of the south wall,
There stood the accused angel,silent and still.

At the opposite three angels hovered in front,
Guarding the high Arch-angel Gabriel,the judge.
The last had a scroll he was reading,written in angel font,
 And as he read,the accused's heart was filled with grudge]

Gabriel:

Righteous angel that guards the Earth,
Do you know why you are here and what accusations I bring forth?

Arkanis:

Yes fellow son of the Lord,
I am well aware of the usage of my sword.

Gabriel:

Very well then and listen close brothers,
What can you then tell me of the deed committed to the two daughters?

[ The accused's face grew weary and pale,
For all he felt was sadness,and it was stale.]

Arkanis:

I believe I am guilty of another charge your lordship,
For I have beseech two and let neither follow.
Thus I admit to being guilty of bringing joy and then committed sorrow,
I believed myself a pastor and treated others as if sheep.

[The high arch-angel nodded with a sigh]

Gabriel:

It sadness me brother to find that you were aware,
And to bring just judgement I ask you,what would you find fair?

[As the words left the high-one's lips,
Arkanis gathered up what seemed like a sad smile]

Arkanis:

Dear brothers,
Although it may seem like blasphemy what you are about to hear,
Know that I have tread likely upon these following words,
And if I could be granted a final wish,
I'd ask nothing more and nothing less,
Then to be stripped of my immortal bounds,
And further ask that I'd be forgiven right before my execution.

[A silent murmur traveled the white room upon the angels.
After a few moments of silence the high one spoke his thougts]

Gabriel:

No Arkanis,I deny you the integrity of your wish.
The deeds you have committed are too evil so that we'd honor you with death.
Yet still,you shall be stripped of all that has been given upon thee be the Lord,
And will be brought to proper justice.

[Arkanis's heart stopped for a moment]

Arkanis:

An...An....And what might that be your lordship?
What more could I do to prove my regret?

Gabriel:

By the wisdom gained throughout aeons of trial and judgement,
I hereby oblige you to return as the pastor that you once believed to be,
And with those sheep that you have spoken of,
You are to choose from the two,and lead a mortal life.

[The room fell silent,
The three angels keeping guard,slowly floating in the air,
Turned quickly to Gabriel and stood in a stupefied stare.
Then,one of them spoke.]

Erather:

High Arch-angel Gabriel,purest of saints,
What is it that you speak of?
Why would you offer such petty as punishment,
Where is the justice in all this.

[Right before the purest of all could respond,
It was the accused that first understood the words that were about to come]

Gabriel:

Fear not Erather,for Arkanis is second in purity here in heaven.
Tread wisely and understand what this means for him.

[Gabriel then turned his head from Erather and gazed upon Arkanis,
As the last let tears come from his eyes flow and be absorbed by the floor]

Gabriel:

You must understand that there is no better punishment for our brother here,
Than to make him choose and see the other side of his decission haunt him for eternity.
He alone has brought this upon himself,
And it is he alone that will have to live in a haunting descent.

By judging him I have sent him to eternal torment,
And thus we shall give an example of our own upon humanity itself.
They shall thus learn of what it means to stray from one's road,
Instead of going forward...never left nor right.

Inspiration:
Woodkid-Iron

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu